Sunday, October 2, 2011

Australian Football Coaching


Isn't AFL an Australia game? I was intrigued when I heard there were Aussie Rules Coaches,coming in to teach us how to play. We are kiwi kids!

The most difficult thing to do is Drop Punt. It was hard to aim at your target, as we had a contest. My partner was showing off as he was felling confident saying” Mr S catch this” as he missed kicking it to the side.

The second thing that our coach was going to demonstrate, is how to hand pass. It looked easy when she demonstrated it but it was not easy for us. As I tried to hand pass it veered off in an different direction and I said “Watch Out! as loud as I could.

Now it was time to handmark. You have to make your hands into a W. I dropped The ball as we had a game it was not to easy as I said “ No!

I’m looking forward to putting all these skills into practice, when we get to a real game of AFL next week.

1 comment:

Roshawnda Thompson's EDM310 class blog said...

It seem that this is not an easy sport. My advice would be to never give up, practice hard, and I'm sure you and your team members will do just fine next week. GOOD LUCK!