Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Little Bother (I mean brother)


"Toreka!" yelled my little brother,"Mum wants you!"
"Wait!" I shouted back, "Tell Mum that I'm writing an email." I could see my brother run in to my parents' room and then back out.
"She still wants you." he said ,"NOW!!"

Oh no, my pen pal would have to wait. I ran to my mum's room as fast as I could.

Hopefully she wouldn't make me do something extremely painful, like clean my room or do chores. "What are you doing?" she said firmly.
"I-I-I-I'm on the computer." I stammered. Shivers slithered up my spine.

"Clean your room!!" she yelled. Clean my room??? If you've been in my room with out an invitation, you'd understand what I'm talking about.

With out a word I put one foot after the other. "Why?!" I groaned. I opened up my door and my younger brother stood there mocking me saying, "Why?" in a high sarcastic voice. Normally, I'd laugh. But today I couldn't be bothered. "Get ouuuuuut" I moaned. "Fine" he said "But I'm taking this." And just like that, he took my jewellery box, ran to his room, and slammed the door. I put my head against his door, I could make out the words he said, " Oooo, Look at me, I'm a girl."

Angrily, I pushed open his door to find everything of mine on the ground. That was the last straw. I was about to tackle him when he held out his arms and said " W-w-wait!!! Mummy wants you!!" Typical. I went to her and told me to clean up my mess from HIS room. I went back to him he whispered, "Just joking."

6 comments:

jaylee said...

Hi Toreka you and your brother are really funny yous are like AFV Americas Funniest Home Videos I have a question for yous are always like this

Tyla said...

Wow Toreka

That would have been painful cleaning your room. I don't blame you I hate cleaning my room too. I wish I was magic if I was, all I would is snap my fingers and just like that my room would clean.

!!! fantastic work keep it up!!!

Jill said...

Hello Toreka~
My name is Jill and I am studying to become a teacher in the United States, Oregon to be exact! I absolutely loved reading your story about your bother...I mean brother. I have two brothers of my own so when I read your story I could really understand what you were saying. I felt like you included such great detail to really capture what your brother does to bother you, that I felt I could connect to it on a more personal level. Never fear though, brothers do turn out to be pretty great...as they get older. :)
Keep up the hard work, you are such a great writer!

Mrs Lagitupu said...

Hi Toreka

I was skimming down the side bar on my class blog and I saw your photo so I had to read your post. What a cool story, very funny and entertaining. I had a good laugh and thought how cute, because your little brother has grown up so fast. Wow, I can't believe that he will be coming to school next year....hmmmmm...how will you put up with him then? He is so cute and I loved the photo. Be nice to him!

Mrs Lagitupu

Makerita said...

Hi Toreka,
I really think that your little brother is really cheeky. I know what that feels like. I have a little brother of my own. I love the clever vocab you have used to make people draw in to your work like you did to me. Keep up the great work.
From Makerita.

EDwina said...

Hi Toreka I am Edwina do you still remember me when I came from Pt England and I liked your stroy and that was awesome.