Sunday, November 28, 2010

Camp Bentzon Abseiling


"Ahhhh, the good old Abseiling activity, but for some, this should be designed for the con-course, Because it is a bit of De Jah Vu of fears.”. In just a few moments I was selected to take on this Monster first. With tons of experience in my back pocket of Abseiling I was, in the space of a minute at the top and ready for battle!!!
I can tell you that there was an AMAZING view of the Ocean. But that was shortly experienced for me as Camilla, ( The second instructor ) ordered me to face her. This was only so I could get this over and done with. I was honestly starting to stress when my shoes didn’t find any grip on the wall. But I overcame this and was enjoying myself. And no sooner I was halfway an ready to jump the rest of the way.


Enjoying Myself was my task for the day, and that I was. I didn’t even need to pace myself while I was jumping the rest of the way. I had reached the bottom of the Wall and all I had thought was, “ Can I do it again???” There was hardly anything holding me back as I had the Urge to do it again. “ABSEILING

6 comments:

Tani said...

Hi room 17,

How lucky were you guys to go to Camp Bentzon, I didn't really like absailing because I'm afraid of heights. Hope you guys had a good time!!!

Tanielu ps:(I love Mr Coops food!!!)

Helen Tui said...

Hi Kayde

What an awesome piece of writing you wrote about. Your words were really descriptive as you described what your feelings were like. Did you and the other year six enjoy camp? You did a great job!

Helen Tui

Beni said...

Hi room 17,

!Wow! That was a great report about Y6 camp. I'm hoping to see more awesome writing from you guys.
Keep up the great work...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy man. They should really try to do something to fix that.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, kind of drawn out though. Really good subject matter though.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy man. They should really try to do something to fix that.